Friday 14 November 2014

Beauty Box: MEMEBOX Global #16


If you regularly read my blog you'll already know that I'm a big fan of Korean beauty box brand MEMEBOX. I have yet to receive a disappointing box, and they are always packed to the brim with exciting, full size products. MEMEBOX's latest Global box is no exception. Advertised as providing all your beauty essentials, I certainly found a few new things to incorporate in to my beauty routine. The box contained 6 full size products with a joint value of over $100. Not bad considering I bought it for $23.

I had quite a long day out in London last weekend. I went with friends to a food market at Southbank and then on to fireworks in Hackney. It ended up being a lot of fun but a lot of travelling around and time spent on my feet. I certainly could have done with my new Elizavecca leg cream which apparently shrinks and soothes swollen calves after a long and stressful day. Regardless of what the cream's like, I'm smitten just because of the cute pig on the packaging. I think I'm becoming immune to the surprise of discovering snail mucus in products too. The Mizon gel recovery cream contains 74% snail mucus and I actually put it on my face. It smells pretty good and is meant to provide non-irritating blemish and wrinkle care. This is right up my street because being in my twenties I guess a small part of me somewhere is thinking about wrinkles, yet I still have to deal with teenage style breakouts. A confusing time indeed.

My favourite product was the RiRe skincare system. It included a blackhead brush cleanser and a pore refining cream to use afterwards. It is designed specifically for the nose area, which is a problem area for most people, but I imagine it could be used to target other areas too. I tried it on my nose and my skin felt really cleansed and soft afterwards. I also really liked the Hair + nutri-injection which is designed to be left in hair after washing and conditioning. I did give it a little try. I washed my hair as normal and then put the cream through the ends before drying and styling. My hair was a bit heavier and limper than usual but I just wore it in a ponytail. When I next washed my hair I was delighted by how soft and shiny it was. Really great little find.

I went to see Lykke Li at Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith last night which was ruddy amazing, and I think I'm off out again today and tomorrow - despite my best intentions to have a quiet week. I am rubbish at lying in so feeling a little tired today. I could definitely do with a spritz of my new Unni Recipe vitamin re-charger mist to liven up my face for the day. Or a power nap.

What have you been up to this week? What do you think of my latest MEMEBOX?

5 comments:

  1. haha definitely not a quiet week! i love being busy though- youve been up to some great things!! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/11/fragrance-direct-christmas-party.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh the blackhead brush sounds just what I need at the moment!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good actually. Nose is definitely my problem area. Nothing more satisfying than finding a good pore product. Thanks for your comment.

      Lisa xo

      Delete
  3. I've been on the fence about getting a memebox for awhile now, and I think this post might have just made the decision for me. The products are so interesting. I wouldn't have ever even thought that I might like a leg cream to soothe swollen calves! Haha I think I'll defo be giving Memebox a try now :)

    Euhnella x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found my post useful - even if it did encourage you to spend money. I like that with MEMEBOX you don't regularly subscribe so it can be a one off treat. Definitely expect to get some weird and wonderful products. It's really good fun.

      Lisa xo

      Delete