Wednesday 12 November 2014

Crafts: Pottery #1


I'm a bit of a crafty soul at heart and I get really jealous and gloomy when I don't make time for some sort of creative outlet. I just think that making stuff with your hands is incredibly relaxing. And it gives your head a break too. I knew I was going to be busy at university this year but I really wanted to find something extracurricular I could do on the side. I've always been fascinated with pottery and ceramics and when I was searching for potential evening classes I luckily found a pretty cheap and convenient pottery class.

This is my first creation. It is nameless. It is multi-coloured. It is multi-textured. And I can't quite decide whether it reminds me most of a fish, a piece of coral, or an acorn. But I am feeling pretty proud of myself. If I have to be neat and detailed I really am a bit awful, but with pottery you can be heavy handed and messy and it becomes a style all of its own. Perfect.

I really can't wait to get stuck in and make more stuff. I guess the ultimate dream would be to be able to sell my wares but I think that's a long time off. In the meantime I'll keep sharing my creations with you all - they might even get a dedicated blog before too long!

Do you have any hobbies? What's your favourite craft?

2 comments:

  1. This is great, very clever.
    loving your blog name btw!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a really nice thing to say. :) I fear my latest creation is a bit of a miss but I guess it's all part of finding out what works.

      Lisa xo

      Delete