Wednesday 12 November 2014

Beauty Box: Birchbox November 2014


I recently realised that I actually completely forgot to blog about my October Birchbox. Naughty. That probably gives you some idea of how impressed I was with it.

Luckily Birchbox is back on form this month with its Cosy at Home box. November is definitely a month for snuggling. After the excitement of Halloween and Fireworks Night it seems only right to get under a blanket, warm drink of choice in hand, and watch the dark nights roll in. It makes me feel all warm and content just thinking about it.

I can't quite figure out why this box is particularly cosy but it's a good'un all the same. I was really pleased with the Dr Jart + face serum which is meant to give the skin a moisture boost and encourage a youthful complexion. I guess if I'm getting lots of early nights I'll have lots of skin pampering time. I really do try not to focus on the cost of items in my beauty boxes but I can't believe that this alone is worth a whopping £32. Thanks Birchbox. I was also happy with the OPI nail varnish in Turn on the Haute Light. Another full size product. The shade really reminds me of snowflakes and will look great at Christmas parties. I also got a Beauty Protector leave-in conditioner which promises to detangle too. I think this is something I'll keep hold of for holidays and weekends away as it's a pretty convenient size. I don't really get tangly hair very often so it will be perfect for using when I venture into swimming pools - something that only really happens when I'm off exploring somewhere! I wasn't as impressed with the Lord & Berry bronzer or the English Laundry perfume because the samples were tiny. I really do hate getting perfume samples in beauty boxes, they just take up valuable room. I can't deny the dinky vial smells good though. The award for random inclusion goes to the Drinkwel vitamin capsules which are meant to help relieve unwanted hangovers. These will definitely come in handy and, if they work, I'll tell all my friends so we spend less time crying on sofas with a biscuit tin but in a box all about staying in, they're a bit of a strange choice.

I'm not really going out much at all this week because I have lots of work to be getting on with and a bit of a cold I'd rather cultivate in bed so hopefully I'll have some spare time to test out my goodies. I can't believe it's December soon. I can't ruddy wait for the Christmas boxes!

Did you get a Birchbox this month? Will you be staying cosy at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment