Saturday 10 January 2015

Beauty Box: Birchbox January 2015


I accidentally took a bit of a blogging hiatus over the holidays. I took a trip to New York (expect to hear about it soon), and what with all the festive cheer, and some other (less cheerful) things that happened, the entire month just escaped. I hope you didn't miss me too much.

Birchbox decided to kick-off the new year with a collaboration box featuring Women's Health magazine. I suppose January is a great opportunity to start new habits, and get rid of some old ones too. I definitely want to change a few things this year. I am determined to be a bit healthier - to eat cleaner and take more exercise. It's so easy to forget to keep healthy. And the idea of it often doesn't quite fit with our hectic modern life schedules. But I am going to claim back some time to do something good for myself, I think. If I can find time to watch Netflix, I can find time to exercise. GO!

Birchbox have been very helpful in supporting my aspirations this month. I received a tube of activbod cooling lotion to soothe any sore bits from too many squats (worst pain ever, and if squats was a person, I would punch them). And I got a sachet of Embrace Matcha green tea which I immediately drank. It was really good. Apparently it has more antioxidants than regular green tea, so I would definitely consider repurchasing. And because of course, I want to look good on the outside, as well as feel good on the inside, Birchbox sorted me out with a few new beauty bits to try too. I've been researching new shampoos and conditioners to try on my often troublesome hair so it'll be interesting to see if Philip Kingsley's conditioner is up to the job, it contains wheat-protein which is meant to be great for injecting a bit of body into limp locks. And I also got a REN face mask, and a tube of HealGel, to deal with any skin complaints. I'm particularly excited about the face mask because I've always really liked REN and this product seems great for having a little instant face makeover, a faceover, if you will. Finally, Birchbox treated all their subscribers to a stila lip glaze. The colour of mine seems a bit insipid for my tastes but I'm sure I can find a home for it if it doesn't grow on me. And we also all got a pilates exercise band which will hopefully be a useful incorporation to my new lifestyle. I'm going to get on YouTube and find a few exercises I could try with it.

Although this box didn't particularly wow me, it does contain some useful products. And it'll certainly help me refresh myself after a long year - ready for the challenges of a new one. Let's make it a good one.

What did you think of this month's box? Have you started something new this January?

1 comment:

  1. I cant wait to hear all about your trip to New York, I bet it was amazing! It's a shame you weren't blown away by this box, but at least youll put some of the products to use! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/overcoming-anxiety.html xx

    ReplyDelete