Sunday 18 January 2015

Crafts: Pottery #2


If you haven't read my previous pottery related post you won't know that I've been doing an evening class in pottery and ceramics. Before I started I had lots of ideas, and I imagined them all to be easily realisable. I expected just to rock in and start creating lots of complicated designs. As you can imagine, it's a little bit more difficult than that. I've always had a bit of a thing for mugs and teacups and so they were some of the first things I attempted to make. I made this slightly non-functional one by coiling, which means I built up the design using coils of clay, and then added the handle last. It certainly isn't perfect, and I think it makes a better home for my cactus than any actual liquid, but I'm pretty smitten with it. What do you think?

What hobbies do you do in your spare time? Any pottery tips for me?

1 comment: