Saturday 13 September 2014

Beauty Box: Birchbox September 2014


I can’t believe it is mid-September already. I really can’t explain where this year has gone. Anyone else having similar problems?

The September 2014 Birchbox is named Happy Days. I think that September is quite a happy month. I don’t know whether it’s the first signs of autumn in the leaves, the fresh air and sunny days, or the start of new challenges for many of us, but everything does indeed feel quite joyful and exciting. 

I have my own new challenge approaching as I am about to go back to university to train as a social worker. I haven’t been in education for two years now and I feel so excited and nervous. It feels good to finally be putting all my work experience to use, as long as I don’t drown in paperwork, essays and books. I think the contents of my September Birchbox will be super useful for my newly acquired student lifestyle. I reckon that my BeautyBlender will speed up make-up application in the mornings. I have been wanting to try this little make-up sponge for ages and I literally squealed when I found one in my box. I love that every blender comes with a solid soap – it’ll make keeping it clean so much more hassle-free. Skin & Co.’s day serum will hopefully help disguise any late nights I have cramming and/or drinking, and the shock of getting used to early morning starts after a long summer holiday. I can team it with my Benefit eye cream and pretend to be fresh-faced every single day. I think I'll tuck my ModelCo mascara in my bag for a little mid-day pick me up.

I was really impressed with this month’s Birchbox. I think I’ll be able to make use of all the products I was given, and the box had a good variety. I was especially impressed with the selection of brands I was given. Happy days.

What did you get in this month’s box? Are you starting something new this September?

2 comments:

  1. Oh your box seems quite good! A few people haven't had great boxes this month but you were clearly a lucky one :)
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I'll have to investigate. I think the BeautyBlender made it for me. xo

      Delete