Tuesday 2 September 2014

Beauty Box: MEMEBOX X Coffee with Dani


I’m late to the party. Again. But I have finally caught the MEMEBOX bug. The beauty box company is the leading Korean beauty retailer and it provides innovative and exciting boxes with products sourced directly from Korea. I am officially hooked.

I chose a collaboration box by Coffee Break with Dani because I always enjoy testing out products chosen by beauty bloggers with more experience and knowledge than me. Apparently Dani was one of the first bloggers to start reviewing MEMEBOX.

I have always wanted to go to East Asia. And visting South Korea’s capital, Seoul, is high up on my bucket list - especially now that I know how interesting the K-Beauty scene is. I think the area really appeals to me because the culture and lifestyle is just so different. It would be refreshing to visit somewhere that is really quite untouched by Western culture. A close friend of mine is currently living in Hong Kong and I am desperate to get over there for a visit before she heads home. 

Anyhoo.

Although a beauty box is a rather small, insignificant thing, I think it shows, on a fairly shallow level, just how different other parts of the world are. The Korean take on design and ingredients would definitely be considered unusual around here. I think it's great. I absolutely loved the small bottle of Hanskin Bio Origin Royal Ampoule BB Cream complete with a small pipette to release the small drop of cream that is apparently all that's required. I’ve also been intending to buy a new eye cream for ages, having reached an age where I feel preventative aging measures are necessary, and the tube of Chamos Acaci Snail Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream will last me ages – if I can get used to applying snail slime to my face.

I really couldn’t fault this box. It was an absolute pleasure to explore all the goodies I received. I can’t wait to try out the tiny nail masks by Kocosar and to give myself a thoroughly good scrub with the Golden Glove Exfoliating Gloves. I definitely think that beauty boxes this side of the world could learn a thing or two from MEMEBOX – I can’t remember ever getting EIGHT full-size products in a box before.

Have you tried MEMEBOX? What unusual items did you discover?

2 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like a great box! 8 full sized products is amazing. I already get you discovery and glossybox but I am so tempted by this one too! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would 100% recommend it as a treat. You just pay per box and it's especially great because we pay in US Dollars so the exchange rate definitely works in our favour. x

      Delete