Sunday 28 September 2014

Happy Things: #1


1. The ONE 5-in-1 WonderLash Mascara by Oriflame. I have only just discovered this mascara and I am already smitten. It builds length and volume beautifully without any clogs and it's a doddle to wash off.

2. I've loved the indian summer we've been experiencing for most of September in London. I think today might have been the nicest day yet and I made the most of it with a forest walk this morning. I feel very lucky to have a forest so close to where I live and it's one of my favourite spots for sorting out all the confuddle in my head and just taking a moment to appreciate fresh air and speckled light glittering through leaves. Today I was joined by my lovely boyfriend and his family's Chihuahua. I have a bit of an aversion to small dogs, but I have a bit of a soft spot for Alfie the Chihuahua.


3. My new shoes from Clarks are going to give me an extra spring in my step all autumn. They're real suede and a really unusual colour. I love the fringing and the fresh take on the much-loved brogue. I'll be wearing mine with skinny jeans and basic t-shirts, and maybe a duster coat if I can ever find one to fit a short gal. Clarks has got serious shoe game at the moment, I want everything.

4. I started my Masters in Social Work recently and had my first lectures last week. I had been so nervous about starting and worried a lot about whether I was doing the right thing. The fact that I've found all my lectures so interesting and inspiring has really reassured me and I've even written my first essay in two years. It feels great to be learning new things and thinking new thoughts again.

  
5. Our Girl on BBC1 has fast become my favourite new drama. I am a bit of a sucker for a good drama and this one has all my favourite ingredients: action, romance, and a bit of girl power. I've always thought that Lacey Turner was a fantastic actress and I think she really shines in this. It is definitely going to be an important feature of my Sunday nights for a while.

What has made you happy this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment